You heard me right. I am recycling old and non-functional Network Interface Cards or NICs. This may not sound useful on your end but I find it otherwise in my own respect. I also consider this a good hobby during idle moments.
Well, it's just a little portion of the NICs particularly its RJ45 socket that's been recycled. I literally took them out and having fun connecting the dots. The results: fancy but useful RJ45 connectors of all sorts.
They've all been tested and created to my own personal use. And mind you, these have also been used at work. Below are the proofs.
1. This is the Extension Connector. It''s self-explanatory. I find it useful ever since. The connection of one end to the other end is straight-through.

2. I call this Port Extension. I have a wall mounted WiFi router. The ports are somewhat close to the walls making it difficult to insert/remove the cables. This short extension makes things easier for me. 

3. Lastly, the Y-Connector. It serves the same feature as with the Extension Connector. The only difference is that it has 3 slots. Two utp cables can be connected to any of the available slots. Inserting the 3rd cable will cause collision. I’m still working on how I’m going to maximize the third slot while 2 cables are connected causing no collision.


Well, those were my new “cutie-recycled-stuff”. Patent still pending lol.
About me
Labels
- Alexa (2)
- Blogging (11)
- Broadband (1)
- Digg (3)
- Exchange 2003 (2)
- Facebook (10)
- Favorites (31)
- Gmail (2)
- Internet (21)
- Miscellaneous (6)
- Office 2003 (1)
- PC Firmware (3)
- Registry Hacks (2)
- Security (8)
- Social Network (10)
- Tech News (9)
- Technology (10)
- Tips n Tricks (26)
- Tools n Utilities (10)
- Twitter (9)
- Vista (1)
- Windows (18)
- Windows 7 (13)
- Windows Server (2)
- Windows XP (13)
0 comments: