BarokOnline

Just some of my humble experiences to share...

Subscribe

Add Autohide Sexy Bookmarks to Blogger

Posted by Guy Radaza on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sharing is Sexy

I was visiting one of my favorite Blog and found that sexy bookmarks that will automatically hide half portion of the icon after rolling your mouse over them. They are really sexy as the name suggest - Sharing is Sexy bookmarks. But I am not only attracted to it, I also wanted to have them in my Blog.  So I searched around and found quite a number of tutorial posts claiming to get your blog setup in minutes with this sexy thing. All of them didn't work as explained. Instead, I was getting errors of which I am too lazy to trace or debug. Until finally I found one that suits my needs and I've made some minor modifications to perfectly fit my taste. See the live sample below this post.

So here it is: Don't forget to backup your existing templates and widgets before proceeding.
1. Let's start editing your template. Go to Layout and click on "Edit HTML".
2. Tick the "Expand Widget Templates".
3. Open your browser search window or press F3 on your keyboard. Search this key in the search box: </head>
4. The text will then be highlighted. Copy and paste the code below before </head>



5. Go back to your search box and search this text:  <data:post.body/>. Some templates will have more than one of this. Go to the last one and paste the code below after <data:post.body/>



Note: There are areas in the code which are being commented or the ones in between the tag:
<!-- Sample Text or Code Here -->
I choose not to dispaly them so they are being considered as comment. Comments in codes are only used for reference purposes or if you wanted to temporarily exclude portions of the code and should not affect the entire code in any way. Play around with the comment tag. You will see the examples below how things are done based on my preference.

Lastly, don't forget to change the feed burner URL: http://www.korabtech.com/feeds/posts/default to yours.


Related Articles:
How To Invite Your Facebook Friends To Join a Group or Fan Page
Setup Vanity URLs For Your Facebook Fan Page
Add Digg "Dugg", Twitter "Tweet", Facebook "Share" Buttons To Your Blogger Blog
Blogumus: Flash Animated Cloud for Blogger
"Follow Me And I'll Follow You" Principle In Twitter
Filtering Facebook Emails And Notifications Inside Yahoo Mail

How To Add Facebook Fan Page In Blogger
Unfollow Twitter User's Who Ain't Following You Back - for Dummies

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)